The Internet poses multiple threats that negatively affect the security system of a company. The worst internet threats used by hackers these days include the following.
- Malware attacks – 2 most dreadful malware types are ransomware and crypto jacking
- Phishing attacks
- Spear phishing scams
- Virus attacks
Wondering how to fend off these threats to reduce security concerns? Simply adopt all the following cybersecurity strategies given below.
5 Best Cybersecurity Strategies To Increase The Security Of A Company
The 5 strategies given below are the healthiest cyber hygiene habits that can strengthen all security loopholes to reduce the risk of data security breaching.
- Triple Guard The Software
Triple guarding software or an IoT device involves:
- Creating a strong and unguessable backdoor password
- Using a firewall software to fend off malware threats
- Using a proactive antivirus system to deal with virus-infected attachments and devices
- Follow The Network Segmentation Procedure
Network segmentation works like a firebreak, separating each network from all the others. The relevance of this strategy is limiting damage if the company is hacked. Follow the below-listed steps to implement this procedure.
- Divide the security information into different pieces
- Encapsulate different pieces in different networks
- Make each network independent from the others by providing each one its own backdoor password
- Do Not Entertain Obsolete Software
Using obsolete software has a lot of side-effects, including the following.
- It slows down the system speed
- It affects the file quality
- It envelopes bugs that are hackable software flaws
So, use software by a top-notch manufacturer. It is because a looked-after software that is constantly updated contains fewer bugs. Therefore, keep installing the software updates since every single update is released after fixing bugs in the previous version.
- Use Scanning Services
First, scanning services are conducted with the aim to remove hidden bugs from the cloud storage and the entire system. So, use network testing and software testing services to ensure that your business is no longer vulnerable.
- Find Ethical Hackers
Ethical hackers are the ultimate medicine for the epidemic that unethical hackers spread. Whilst the latter feeds on loopholes and vulnerabilities to steal data and money, the former focuses on fixing those vulnerabilities.
Precisely, ethical hackers are sophisticated coders who can read software codes to identify even a miniscule yet rare flaw. Having identified the bug, they fix it for a bounty. Apart from the bounty, you can also hire ethical hackers to work for you.